I saw this recipe a while ago and I’ve had in my repertoire ever since. It’s great for small gatherings or large house parties.
Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Christmas TreeDifficulty: Easy
1 kg raw pizza dough
Egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1tbsp of water)
10 mozarella sticks
70ml of melted butter
120ml of finely grated Parmesan
1 tbsp of sliced basil
2large garlic cloves (minced)
Marinara sauce (warmed up for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 3cm pieces and set aside.
- On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 5-6cm squares (you’ll need 33 total for the tree).
- Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching). Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, parmesan, garlic, and herbs. Brush on baked pizza balls. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.